We sort and categorize the used beds we receive through our partnerships, then the beds that are in the best shape are cleaned, sanitized and delivered to other non-profit groups and to people on social assistance.
We also offer good quality beds free for pick up at our warehouse for those in need, please note that these beds are not cleaned or sanitized however are still useable and in good condition.
A step by step operational procedure on how the beds first come to WRAGS and finally end up going to the organizations and the people in need:
- Sleep Country Canada and The Brick deliver their new beds to their clients and take away clients used beds. All used beds end up at WRAGS' warehouse.
- WRAGS has a working agreement and is working in partnership with Sleep Country Canada and The Brick in distributing the used beds to other non-profit groups and to people in need.
- All used beds that Sleep Country Canada and The Brick deliver to WRAGS' warehouse are broken down into three categories:
- Category #1 - The used beds in the best shape (not worn out, still firm, no rips or tears, and no large or bad stains) are cleaned and sanitized. Some of the box springs are also recovered with material. On the #1 beds we make sure that the mattresses and box springs still have a lot of life left in them. (When you squeeze them there is no give. They are almost like new.) These beds are delivered to those on social assistance.
- Category #2 - All the used beds that don't meet Category #1's requirements, but are still useable. These beds are free for pick up as is at our warehouse.
- Category #3 - All beds that are deemed unusable, and are taken to Pacific Mattress Recycling to be recycled.
For more information, please contact
us during our office hours.